The Mission of the "Development of Computer Serious Games" track is to prepare students for a career as a games programmer, they will be prepared to design and program computer games from the outset. Typical areas of study include game logic, architecture and 3D modelling, animation, game engines and Gamification.
The objectives of the track are to help undergraduate students to understand programming essentials in gaming context. The track specific objectives are:
- To offer a solid foundation in game development
- To provide students with critical and evaluative perspectives related to Computer Games development and it will develop students capacity for independent and self-reflective learning.
- To prepare students to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams in the range of design and production courses.
- To apply the Gamification concepts to various application domains, such as marketing, education and training, etc.
- To prepare students for game production using various game-development software ranging from low level programming of game engine components, to high-level development tools such as Unity or Unreal Engine 3.